- unanimity: Lyall Grant said "there was no of views" during the emergency consultations, which were held at the request of Lithuania.
- vacation: Obama and Merkel spoke Friday while Obama in the island resort of Martha's Vineyard.
- rebuke: In that closed-door emergency meeting at the U.N., several countries Russia for " what many called an illegal and unilateral action by the Russian federation," British Ambassador Mark Lyall Grant, the council president, told reporters.
Select Your Reading Level: All Levels | Easy (Simpler English) | Medium (Intermediate) | Hard (Advanced)
- avenge: Sunni tribes have been alerted to the killings," he said.
- condolence: We just pray that they will be set free," she said after a long conversation with Pope Francis, who the Vatican said called the couple on Thursday afternoon to offer his .
- rebel: Islamic State is the most powerful group fighting Assad's forces in a civil war which the United Nations said has claimed almost 200,000 lives at the very least.